Africa is the largest continent in the world after Asia. That is, it is second in terms of area and population. In the north of Africa, the Mediterranean Sea and the continent of Europe, the dark ocean in the west, the Atlantic Ocean in the south and the Arabian Sea and the Indian Ocean in the east. In the east, the Suez landmass connects it to Asia and the Suez canal separates it from Asia. The Strait of Gibraltar separates it from the continent of Europe in the north. In this articel we will show you top african tourist destinations for your next travel.
The word Africa derives from the Berber language Efri or Efran, which means cave, which was used for the cave dwellers. Some historians believe that the first human birth and development took place in this continent and from here they settled in other continents, hence it is considered the birthplace of human civilization.
Also Read :- 10 Top and Best Tanzania Tourist Attractions
Africa is a continent of high plateaus, it is made up of very ancient and hard rocks. This lava formed plateau is called Shield. The land of the continent of Africa is a part of the ancient Gondwana land.
- Population: – 1,33,62,87,100 (16.72% of the whole world) ( According to Worldometers.info )
- Area – 3,03,70,000 sq km. (20.4% of the world)
- Population: Density – 45 persons per sq km.
- There are a total of 54 countries in the continent.
It is the only continent that extends into the Northern Hemisphere and the Southern Hemisphere. The geocentric line passes exactly the middle of this continent.
Some Facts of Africa Continent
- The man-made Suez Canal passes through Egypt and connects the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea.
- The continent of Africa, the largest country, Algeria, is 23,81,740 km. And the smallest country Seychelles is 451 km. Nigeria is the most populous country on the continent.
- The continent is the hottest continent on Earth. Muslims constitute around 52% of the population in Africa, making Islam the largest religion on the continent. After this comes the number of Christianity.
- Hindus have a very small population in the continent. Mauritius is the only country in which the Hindu population is close to 48 percent.
- The list of seven great wonders of the world includes the Egyptian pyramids. Those were built in 3500 – 1100 BC. Dasphix is a huge lion statue located near Giza.
- Egypt is called the junction of Asia and Europe.
- The world’s longest river Nile is located in the continent. It originates from Lake Victoria and falls in the Mediterranean Sea. Its major tributaries are the Blue Nile River and the White Nile River. Aswan Dam and Oven Dam are built on the Nile River.
- Other major rivers in Africa are Zambezi, Niger, Zaire (Congo), Orange and Limpopo, etc.
- The world’s largest desert Sahara is also in Africa. The area of the Sahara desert is about 94 lakh square km. is. Chad Lake is a lake located in the Sahara Desert.
- The largest waterfall in the continent is Victoria Fall, which is 355 meters high and 1600 meters long. It is situated on the Zambezi River.
- Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa. Its area is 69,485 sq km. is. It averages 79 meters deep.
- Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest mountain and mountain peak in continent. The height of this mountain peak is 5895 meters above sea level. It extends along the Tanzania and Kenya borders.
- The Atlas Mountains or the Atlas Mountains are a 2500 km long mountain range located in Northwest Africa. It originates from the countries of Morocco, Algeria, and Tunisia, and its highest mountain is the 4,167 m (13,671 ft) long Toubkal mountain in southwestern Morocco.
- Madagascar is the largest island in continent and the fourth largest in the world, with an area of 8,87,041 sq km. is.
- African elephant and giraffe, the largest animal in the world, also lives in Africa and Best Safari travel
- The fastest local animal cheetah is also found in Africa. The gorilla found in the jungles of Africa is the largest male monkey (monkey) on Earth.
- The Kimberley mine is the world’s largest diamond mine in the continent of Africa. The city of Johannesburg on the African continent is one of the world’s leading gold-producing cities.
- The Ibri Coast country of the continent of Africa is the largest cocoa producing country in the world.
- A bird named Ostrich is found in the Kalahari Desert in Africa.
- Zanzibar and Pemba islands in Africa produce the most cloves in the world.
- The Congo of Africa is called the country of forests. This country has the highest potential of hydropower in the world.The most urbanized country in Africa is Libya.
- The most literate country in Africa is Zimbabwe.
- Bushmen in Africa is the dominant primitive species found in the Kalahari Desert, in the Pygmy Congo Basin, the Baddu Sahara Desert and the Masai in East Africa.
- Al Azijia, the world’s hottest place, is located in Libya, Africa. The highest temperature so far here is 136 degrees. Or 58 degrees. Recorded on 13 September 1922.
- The Congo River in Africa crosses the equator and the Limpopo River cuts the Makar Line twice.
- The country is known as the Gold Coast in Ghana.
- Africa is called a blind continent. Because it is very backward in the field of economic, social, industrial, cultural, and education. Europeans declared the original inhabitants as black, and the entire continent was declared a ‘black continent’ or ‘blind continent’.
- The Niger River in this continent is called the Niger River: Palm oil River.
- Africa is the only continent of the continent through which the equator, Cancer, and Capricorn line pass.
- The tropical grasslands of Africa are known as savannas and temperate grasslands.
- The longest rail route in Africa is the Cape Cairo Railroad, which runs from the city of Cape Town in the Republic of South Africa to the city of Cairo, Egypt.
- Stanley Falls and Livingstone Falls – Located on the Congo River and Victoria Falls on the Zambezi River.
- Six countries of South Africa Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are called frontline states and border states.
- The Horn of Africa is called the eastern part of Africa. It mainly consists of countries called Ethiopia, Somalia, and Djibouti.
- The largest city on the Nile River in Cairo.
- Antwerp is the world’s largest center of the diamond trade.
- Kenya is the highest tea-producing country in the Africa continent.
- Tunisia is the largest olive producing country in Africa.
- The world’s largest diamond 3106 carats was discovered from Sir Africa’s Premier Mine by Sir Thomas Kulian in January 1905, hence the name Kulian Hira.
- Abyssinia plateau and southern Africa plateau are located in Africa.
- The largest “Great Rift Valley” in the world is located in this continent.
- According to UNESCO, more than 2000 languages are spoken in Africa. Most of the languages are of African origin but European and Asian influences can also be seen.
- Despite being full of natural resources, Africa is the poorest and most underdeveloped land in the world. Due to the non-development of traffic and technology, these resources have not been utilized properly. Most of the population of the continent of Africa is still illiterate.
- The Suez Canal was constructed in 1869 AD, its length is 168 km. The Suez Canal was nationalized by Mishra in 1956 AD. It has Port Suez to its south and Port Said Port to its north.
Top African Tourist destinations in Africa Continents
African Tourist Destinations – Most Visited Place and Coutnry | Safari Travel
Explore Africa | African Tourist Destinations
|Places to visit||Stadiums||Historical Places|
|Famous Streets||Popular Destinations||Churches|
|Heritage sites||Shopping / Nightlife||Town & Village|
Traveler Interests | Best African Safaris
|Adventure Travels||Cycling Vacations and Bike Tours||Escorted Tours|
|Group Travels||Honeymoons & Romance||Hotels & Resorts|
|Rail Vacations||Solo Travel||Wildlife Encounters|
FAQs about Africa Continents
What are the 10 largest nations in Africa?
- Algeria ( 2,381,741 Square Kilometers )
- The Democratic Republic of the Congo ( 2,344,858 square kilometers )
- Sudan ( 1,861,484 Square Kilometers )
- Libya ( 1,759,540 Square Kilometers )
- Chad ( 1,284,000 Square Kilometers )
- Niger (1,267,000 Square Kilometers )
- Angola ( 1,246,700 Square Kilometers )
- Mali ( 1,240, 192 Square Kilometers )
- South Africa ( 1,219,090 Square Kilometers )
- Ethiopia ( 1,104,300 Square Kilometers )
What are the 10 smallest countries in Africa?
1) Seychelles ( 459 Square Kilometers )
2) Sao Tome and Principe ( 964 Square Kilometers )
3) Comoros ( 2034 Square Kilometers )
4) Mauritius( 2040 Square Kilometers )
5) Cape Verde ( 4033 Square Kilometers )
6) Gambia ( 10689 Square Kilometers )
7) Swaziland ( 17364 Square Kilometers )
8) Djibouti ( 23200 Square Kilometers )
9) Rwanda ( 26338 Square Kilometers )
10) Equatorial Guinea ( 28000 Square Kilometers )
Which is the smallest country in Africa?The Republic of Seychelles is the smallest country in Africa continents.
What are the 54 countries in Africa?
|Cote D’lvoire||Niger||Burkina Faso||Mali|
|Liberia||Central African Republic||Mauritania||Eritrea|
|Sao Tome & Principe||SeyChelles|
What is the richest country in Africa?Nigeria is the richest country in the Africa continent.
What is the poorest country in Africa?Malawi Flag is the poorest country in Africa in 2019.
We share about African continents and their top travel destination by country. Try to share about total information for traveling around the Africa continent. We share the most visited travel destination, top visited country, and travel interest with some asking questions. If you like our article then please share on your social media and suggest your family and friends.